Posted December 4, 2009on:
Stuff Potato Bread prepared by mixing ghee and curd with white flour
For the Kulcha :
- 300 gm Maida (all purpose flour)( All purpose flour OR white flour)
- 1/2 tsp. dry yeast ( for yeast see advice)
- 2 Tbsp. Curd/Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. Ghee ( clarified butter)
For Filling :
- 250 gm Potatoes
- 1 tsp. Chili chopped
- 1 tsp. Salt 1/2 cup Finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Oil / Clarified butter for making the Kulcha
To prepare yeast:
- 3/4 cup Warm water
- 1/2 tsp. Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Sugar
For preparing yeast:
1. Sprinkle yeast in warm water.
2. Add sugar and leave it for ten minutes.
3. Add 1/2 tsp lemon juice to it and your yeast is ready.
Serve hot with any gravy subji or dal.
For preparing Kulcha :
1. Sieve maida (all purpose flour, plain flour) and add baking powder, salt, Ghee(clarified butter), and curd to it.
2. Prepare the soft dough with yeast- water, and leave the dough for about two hours.
3. For the filling boil the potatoes and mash it very smoothly. Now mix the remaining masala and prepare a mixture.
How to proceed:
1. Make small ball from the dough, roll into a disc shape and put potato filling on it.
2. Give it a ball shape by sealing its edges.
3. Finally roll it into a thick paratha and bake on tava (griddle) by applying Ghee(clarified butter)/ oil.